If you’re reading this then you, like myself, LOVE to read. However, there are now multiple formats of books to choose from and it’s no easy feat to determine which option is the BEST option.
Instead, I wanted to take a little bit of time just to review the pros and cons of each type.
If you’re an avid reader, then you likely use all of these formats at some time or another.
Personally, I prefer having a physically tangible book in my hands. There is something profound about holding a book and feeling the pages. Not to mention, it’s far easier on the eyes than a digital book.
- Beautiful Covers – there’s no arguing that Hardcover books have amazing artwork and look gorgeous in photographs. You also have the option of removing the sleeve, that protects it of course, and admiring the book beneath.
- Weight – There’s no doubt in my mind that the most frustrating thing about hardcover books is how heavy they are. It can be really uncomfortable holding one for a long time when you’re really into a book.
- Weight – Just as weight is a con for hardcover, weight is the biggest pro for paperback books. They are much more lightweight and easy to carry around.
- Easy to Damage – Because they are lightweight and the covers are also light, it is super easy to damage the covers. I have a number of books that have worn down, especially along the spine.
- Digital – The one thing I love the most about E-books is that you can have so many of them saved onto your device(s). No longer having to lug around heavy books, E-books can be saved by the hundreds!
- Tired Eyes – My biggest complaint about E-books is that after a while, my eyes start to hurt from staring at the screen.
I personally prefer hardcover books, even though they are heavy, I feel like there is the greatest connection for me to the story.
What do you think?
Now that we’ve reviewed some highlights between hardcover, paperback and E-books I want you to let me know what you think.
Which do you prefer and why?