I hope you’re all doing well and enjoying the quiet and relaxed time at home. Many of us are starting to experience an easing in the lock downs around us and I know lots of people are really excited and getting out to places again. For me, I’m still absolutely loving being home with my husband and kids. It provides lots of time for reading, family social activities, and education for all of us.
Most of our days are spent doing school work, studying, playing together and reading. This has been an eye-opening and amazing experience for me and my family. Hopefully the rest of you have found joy and hope in our stays at home.
But onto the more fun part: books!
I have more time for reading since I’ve been at home, than any other time in my life. It has been wonderful catching up on all the books I’ve started over the last year and making some serious progress in my TBR pile.
In the month of May, I’ve finished three books already and I have several that I’m more than halfway through and plan to be done with before the month is up.
Books I’ve Finished in May
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa
- Night of the Dragon by Julie Kagawa
- Our Friend Hedgehog by Lauren Castillo
- Early release copy provided by Rockstar Group Tours – Review coming soon
One of my biggest accomplishments was to finish the Shadow of the Fox trilogy and I was moved to a core when I finished this series. I knew it would be earth-shattering, but I never expected it to move me the way it did. The story and the characters were more than I ever could have expected.
Here’s a quick look at what I’m currently reading, there are a few more but these are the main ones.
- Always a Bridesmaid by Cindi Madsen
- Early release copy provided by Entangled Publishing
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Reading with my Bookstagram reading club
- The Sisters Grimm by Menna van Praag
- Finishing this one up from a few months ago
There are so many great books coming out this year too that I want to get my hands on, like Midnight Sun – the new Twilight release coming out from Stephanie Meyer in a few months. Also the final installment in the Daevabad trilogy, Empire of Gold by S.A. Chakraborty.
What new releases are you looking forward to this year?