May has been a very productive month for reading and I’m happy to say that I’ve caught back up on my reading goals for the year and am on track to reach my annual goal for 2020. At the beginning of the year, I put together an entire plan on what I wanted to try to read this year and the genres I wanted to expand into as well as individual goals like reading a few book series as well. Can’t say that I’ve done a stellar job at keeping up with those goals, but I have had some amazing reads so far this year and many more to come.
I’m currently bouncing between a handful of different books based on my mood when I have the time to read.
What I’m Reading
- My choice for May’s Book of the Month: The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon
- An ARC copy of Always a Bridesmaid by Cindi Madsen, gifted to me by Entangled Publishing
- Late to the game read: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Catching up on ARC’s: The Sisters Grimm by Menna van Praag gifted to me by Harper Voyager
- New release gift from Simon and Schuster: This Mortal Coil e-Book by Emily Suvada
- Personal Development: I am the hero of my life (guided journal) by Brianna Wiest
These have been my focused reads over the course of the month along with a handful of others that I already finished in May.
I prefer to have a nice balance of romance, comedy, thriller, fantasy and personal development that I rotate around through the month. It provides a way for my mind to focus on various topics and keeps me engaged and feeling mentally healthy. I find sometimes that if I read only one book straight though, I feel extremely sluggish at the end of it and then end up in an insane reading slump for a while.
Outside of reading, my family and I are working hard on our little backyard garden that is growing really well. We just put it in about a month ago as a little project for myself and also to utilize as a teaching tool for my kids to have to learn from as well. This week, my 5-year old son Gerald helped me pick some radishes and we planted carrot seeds. The rest of the garden is growing well and we check on it daily.
Hopefully your month of reading is going well, tell me what you’ve been reading in the comments below!